Pittsburgh, Greensburg & Washington Swimming Pool Experts
Pool Experts You Can Trust
Every Valley Pool and Spa employee undergoes extensive training in pool maintenance, safety, and pool chemistry, beginning with a two week pre-season training course and continued throughout the year with weekly, mandatory training. We hold our staff to the highest standard of product knowledge and service so you can be sure to always get the best information. So whether you need help troubleshooting a water chemistry problem or have questions about a product, your Valley Pool and Spa sales associate is a pool expert you can trust.
As a family owned and operated business, we pride ourselves in our personalized service. We enjoy getting to know you and your pool needs, and will always take the time to help you become a more knowledgeable and confident pool owner. If you are a first time pool owner, we’ll walk you through the basics of proper pool care and help you find solutions that fit your lifestyle. By answering questions, making recommendations and keeping track of your pool maintenance routine to better anticipate your needs- we go the extra mile to offer a pleasant and easy shopping experience to you and your family!
Valley Pools and Spas Mission Statement
Valley Pools will strive to improve the quality of life of as many families as possible by providing a means of fun, relaxation and togetherness.
We will observe the golden rule, and treat each customer, supplier and co-worker the way we prefer to be treated.
- take pride in our work!
- have the determination and courage to make each day a success!
- have the enthusiasm to be the very best!
- strive for no less than excellence in all we do.
- have a positive and winning attitude!
- We will practice our commitment to try harder, persevere longer and not settle for “good enough.” Every accomplishment shall provide an opportunity for further growth, and every achievement shall spur us to another.
Our team will be positioned as the most professional, best trained and most knowledgeable pool dealer in the Pittsburgh markets we serve. The highest level of support and customer service will be ongoing goals, with complete customer satisfaction as our ultimate goal.
Professional Organization Accreditations
Aquatech Buying Group Member
Members of the Aquatech Society of Pool Building and Retailing Professionals are highly vetted to ensure the highest standards of knowledge, experience, reputation and industry involvement. This membership gives us greater purchasing power, which means lower prices for our customers.
Proud Member of the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals (APSP)
APSP protects consumers by holding pool builders, retailers and servicing professionals to a higher standard.
Your Award Winning Valley Pool and Spa
Valley continues to exceed the expectation’s of our customers, employees, and vendors by achieving dozens of sales and customer service awards and recognition. We are proud to be named a “Trib Reader’s Choice Favorite” for Best Pool & Spa store in Pittsburgh for over 10 years in a row, plus our prestigious “Fastest Growing Companies” and “Best Places to Work” awards by the Pittsburgh Business Times, among many others.
- 2016 Multiple Reader’s Choice Gold Awards – Trib Total Media
- 2016 President’s Club – Coast Spas
- 2016 Fastest Growing Companys “Pittsburgh 100” – Pittsburgh Business Times
- 2016 Best Places to Work – Pittsburgh Business Times
- 2015 Multiple Reader’s Choice Bronze Awards – Trib Total Media
- 2014 Multiple Reader’s Choice Bronze Awards – Trib Total Media
- 2013 Retailer of the Year – Aquatech
- 2013 Best Website – Aquatech
- 2013 Multiple Reader’s Choice Silver Awards – Trib Total Media
- 2012 Best Places to Work – Pittsburgh Business Times
- 2011 Multiple Reader’s Choice Gold / Bronze Awards – Trib Total Media
- 2008 Fastest Growing Companys “Pittsburgh 100” – Pittsburgh Business Times
EDGEWOOD SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
Valley Pool & Spa is a proud season sponsor of the Edgewood Symphony Orchestra. The ESO is a non-profit organization founded in 1989. Over 70 volunteer musicians with extensive backgrounds of musical training and experience dedicate their time and talents to the ESO. Under the direction of Maestro Walter Morales, a native of Costa Rica and active concert pianist and recording artist, the orchestra has cemented the Edgewood Symphony’s reputation as the premier community orchestra in the Pittsburgh region.
The musicians come from more than 40 communities in four counties, and among its ranks are doctors, lawyers, engineers, teachers, students, and business people. They rehearse every Tuesday evening and present 5 to 8 concerts a year, including a summer appearance at Edgewood Community Days and on the Citiparks Bach, Beethoven and Brunch series. The musicians are also committed to educational and community outreach and spend significant time developing and presenting educational programs in the local schools and libraries, performing at senior living facilities, and as guests at various events to promote the mission of the ESO.
The board of directors includes energetic volunteers from both the community and players. Its yearly budget is funded through grants, member donations, ticket sales and corporate and community contributions.
The President of Valley Pool & Spa, Corinne Kraft, plays the violin in the Edgewood Symphony Orchestra. She has been actively involved with the Board of Directors and Committees since 2003, and served as President for seven years and Vice President for three years. Corinne was awarded the WQED and Dominion Foundation’s Volunteer in the Arts Award and Volunteer of the Year Award in 2011 for her volunteer work with the ESO.
For more information on the Edgewood Symphony Orchestra, visit www.edgewoodsymphony.org
LOCAL SOFTBALL SPONSORSHIPS
Valley Pool & Spa has annually been a proud sponsor of PAL Girls Softball Teams and East Allegheny Girls Softball Teams for over 35 years.
CHARLEROI MAGIC CITY OPEN
May 17, 2016, Valley Pool & Spa joined the downtown Charleroi businesses for the first Magic City Open Business Crawl. Charleroi is known as the MagicCity and in 2016 the annual Ladies Night was transformed into fun for everyone. All businesses participating in the fundraiser designed a putt-putt hole at their store or in Market Square. (Ours, of course, required the golfer to get the ball in a floating hole in a pool!) Tickets were purchased by the community for $10to go to each of the 18 “holes”. Golfers received promo items, snacks, and coupons at each business but if they putted a hole in one they received a raffle ticket for the 19th hole putt worth $20,000! Valley Pool & Spa entertained over 130 golfers that played through the Valley Pools #4 hole. It was a great night in Charleroi!
CHIC-FIL-A FAMILY NIGHTS
For six years Valley has hosted FamilyNights at the Chick-Fil-A in Greensburg, Monroeville and for the first time in 2016 we were in Washington to promote family time.
Moms, Dads, and Grandparents load everyone into the car (there are even some regulars) where they share quality time with their loved ones. A sit-down dinner, activity, and playtime all in one place is not only convenient but a relaxing environment for kids to act like kids. Valley Pool& Spa has contributed to creating family time since 1967.
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Valley Pool & Spa is an active member of the Mon-Valley, Norwin, Washington, Westmoreland County and Monroeville Chambers of Commerce. We participate in as many events as we can. For an example, Valley Pool and Spa sponsored the 9th Annual Norwin Chamber of Commerce BBQ on June 13, 2016 at Oak Hollow Park along with 15 other local businesses in the Norwin area. Over 250 Chamber members and their families enjoyed a BBQ of hamburgers and hot dogs grilled by Chef Lucas who originally started the event nine years ago.
MONROEVILLE FOURTH OF JULY PARADE
Valley Pool & Spa along with over 100 other groups got together for the Monroeville Independence Day parade that traveled from the Lowes Home Improvement store down Route 22 to Monroeville Mall. Thousands of people were in attendance as the parade marched by throwing candy and trinkets.
HOT RODS, HOT TUBS& HOT WINGS EVENT
August 20, 2016 Valley Pool & Spa raffles off a Dreammaker Hot tub as the grand prize of a month-long raffle to raise funds for community events in Charleroi. The festivities include a car cruise show and hot wing contest while using hot tubs for children’s games in Charleroi’s Market Square.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO SUPPORT LOCAL ORGANIZATIONS
- Animal Rescue League Shelter & Wildlife Center for the Annual Pet Adoption Event in McKeesport: June 6-11, 2016
- Charleroi Elementary School – Valley Pools & Spa will be a drop off point for customers donating gently used Halloween costumes to children at the Charleroi Elementary School whose families cannot afford costumes for the annual Halloween parade in town: September 2016
- East Allegheny Soccer Team Sponsor ages 12 & under: 2016
- Clairview School for Special Needs: 2015-2016
- Clairton and Elizabeth K9 Teams to raise money for food, vet bills, and equipment for police dogs: 2015-2016
- American Cancer Society- Relay for Life: 2007-2015
- Salvation Army: 2012-2015
- Norwin High school Student Council to raise funds for The Giving Tree, a fundraiser for homeless and transitioning families: 2014-2015
- Westmoreland County Food Bank: 2015
- Action for Animals Humane Society Latrobe: 2012